The flavor profiles found in Texas Hill Country go far beyond the traditional wineries and excellent restaurants you’ll find in this area. Hill Country is also home to several wonderful Texas Breweries, which put their own unique Hill Country flavor profiles on their craft brews. The Texas Breweries that call this area home elevate brewing to its own form of art, but it’s anything but pretentious.
Rather, like the rest of Hill Country, the aim of these Texas breweries is simple: To use the highest quality ingredients – especially those locally sourced and reflected in this incredible area – to produce one delicious and unforgettable pint of beer. The result is a fantastic opportunity to hop from one brewery to the next, sampling some of the top Texas Breweries. When your tasting and touring adventures are done for the day, sink into the understated elegance of our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast.
Here, you can sit overlooking the expansive Texas skies, sipping on a delicious glass of wine and reveling in the quiet comfort of our 22-acre property. Take a dip in our 45-foot lap pool when you get too hot. We’ll treat you to a delicious breakfast each morning of your stay and dinner on Saturday night if you’re lucky enough. If you’re ready for an unbeatable Hill Country Getaway, book your room at our Wimberley, TX Bed and Breakfast today!
10 Best Texas Breweries in Hill Country
One of our favorite ways to cool off in the heat of summer, aside from enjoying a gorgeous float down the Guadalupe River or hopping in a local swimming hole, is to sip on a craft beer at the fantastic local Texas Breweries in Hill Country.
Here are 4 of the best Texas Breweries in Hill Country to visit this summer.
- Rough House Brewing is just 10 minutes away in San Marcos, set in the scenic, rolling hills of Texas Hill Country. The ambiance of this rustic yet new farmhouse is just as good as the beer, too! Their farmhouse amber, brewed with cherries, is a particular delight.
- Twenty-five minutes north of us in Driftwood is one of our favorite Texas Breweries, Vista Brewing. The taproom and brewery themselves are delightful, but their farm-to-table cuisine is also a huge highlight. It’s a great place to spend an entire relaxing afternoon visiting Hill Country!
- Recently named the 4th best small brewery in the world by readers of Craft Beer & Brewing, you can’t go wrong with a visit to Jester King Brewery in Austin offers. The top-notch beer is the reason to go, but the unique experience and ambiance keep people there. You’ll find the flavors of Hill Country shine at this brewery. The seating is mostly outdoors, making it one of the top Texas breweries to visit on a hot summer day!
- Bluebonnet Beer Company, also in Austin, is one of those lesser-known Texas Breweries worth adding to your list.
- You’ll discover a wide variety of local craft beers at Middleton Brewery in San Marcos! This is one of the more creative Texas Breweries, with fantastic flavored brews. They offer 17 beers on tap, but you can also try the vast array of wine and locally made ciders.
- Head to Middleton Brewing in San Marcos for a fantastic craft brew experience. Their ales are perfectly crafted to reflect the surrounding Texas Hill Country, and as such they’ve earned a place on our list of favorite Texas breweries!
- Bear King Brewing is a relative newcomer to the Texas brewing scene, but it, too, is worth the drive. Their taproom is enormous, and their outdoor patio features an open-air beer garden, patio games, and live music.
- If you have plans to swim at Hamilton Pool, then you may as well add a stop to Family Business Beer Company. Their property is well-shaded by huge and beautiful oak trees, making them an excellent choice for summer. Not only that, but their beer is just delicious.
- Another great Texas Brewery in Dripping Springs is Twisted X. Here, you’ll find sensational small-batch beers made from the finest of ingredients coupled with close attention to detail. In addition to their signature brews like Chupahopra and Whoa-Mango, you can taste unique beers they don’t offer anywhere else.
- In the beautiful town of Blanco, you’ll find Real Ale Brewing Co., where they focus on producing craft brews with as little interference in the production process as possible. Their water comes from the nearby Blanco River, and from there, it’s unprocessed, unpasteurized, and doesn’t use artificial ingredients. What results is delicious – no wonder they’re one of the top Texas Breweries in Hill Country!
While these Texas breweries are some of our favorites, that doesn’t mean that others in the area aren’t worth checking out! If you aren’t sure where to start, the Hill Country Craft Beer Trail collects a variety of Texas breweries in Hill Country whose beer quality rivals that of the best Texas Hill Country wineries.
The Best Texas Hill Country Bed and Breakfast
With so many great Texas breweries in the area, not to mention all of the other amazing things to do in Hil Country, you’ll want at least a few days here to explore it all. Why not indulge in the ultimate getaway, and relax in elegant comfort the way you can’t do at home? There’s no better place to stay in Texas Hill Country than our Wimberley, TX Bed and Breakfast.
The Blair House Inn sits on the side of a hill that overlooks the surrounding Texas Hill Country. Enjoy sweeping views of the natural landscape, lounge by our sparkling pool, and sip a glass of wine or local beer on your very own secluded patio. Savor the incredible flavors of our Saturday night dinners which just might inspire you to learn how to make culinary masterpieces yourself through our cooking school.
However you choose to spend your time at our Wimberley, TX Bed and Breakfast, you can rest assured that you will feel refreshed entirely by your stay. Book your room today!