Though we always think it’s a good time to relax and unwind in Texas Wine Country, this fall is arguably one of the best times to get away to our stunning Texas Hill Country Bed and Breakfast. Our Bed and Breakfast is located in the quaint, artistic town of Wimberley, right in the lovely heart of Texas Wine Country.
Fall is one of the most popular seasons to visit the Texas Hill Country – and with milder weather and small crowds at local wineries and parks, it’s no surprise. If you’re considering a getaway to Texas Wine Country this fall, there’s no better place to stay than our exceedingly romantic Texas Hill Country Bed and Breakfast.
The Blair House Inn has been the #1 destination for Hill Country getaways for years. We’re best known for our warm and welcoming hospitality, attentive service, relaxing and well-appointed accommodations, and stunning views. We also host one of the best restaurants in Wimberley, Texas, an exciting year-round Texas cooking school, not to mention a top-rated day spa.
There’s so much that goes into curating a space for romantic getaways, but we wouldn’t be here without the stunning Texas Wine Country as a backdrop. Whether you plan to sample wines from one winery to the next or would rather spend your days indulging in spa treatments and relaxing around our property, we’re here to help. Fall is a busy season here, so book your room at our Texas Bed and Breakfast before it’s too late.
The Best Wineries in Texas Wine Country
Texas Wine Country is just over an hour outside of Austin and San Antonio and a four-hour drive from Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston. Texas is the fifth largest wine-producing state in the country. Most of Texas Wine Country is centered around the historic town of Fredericksburg and the Hill Country AVA (American Viticultural Area), one of the country’s most visited wine areas.
The Hill Country AVA is the second largest certified AVA in the country and home to over nine million acres of vineyards with 50 wineries and tastings rooms spread throughout Texas Wine Country. As you tour various Texas Hill Country wineries, don’t miss your chance to explore the hill country towns that bring this area so much charm and character. After all, the small-town feel of places like Wimberley and Fredericksburg is half the reason to visit Texas Wine Country.
The harvest season in August, September, and October is one of the best times to escape to Texas Wine Country, as it’s a season filled with themed events, festivals, and plenty of sensational wine. Below, we’ve curated a list of ten “not to miss” Texas Hill Country wineries to help you start planning your trip through Texas Wine Country.
- Driftwood Estate Winery is another one of the Texas Hill Country wineries producing excellent small-batch wines using exclusively Texas-grown fruit. This is one of our favorite wineries in Texas Wine Country.
- Fall Creek Vineyards is one of the more established wineries in Texas Wine Country. Their first vineyard was planted in 1975, and today they produce an exceptional Sangiovese and their Salt Lick Tempranillo.
- Head to Kuhlman Cellars, where you can (and should) sample their signature Alluve, which mixes Tempranillo, Mourvedre, and Grenache. Their white blend, Calcaria blends Trebbiano, Roussanne, and Viognier and is also delicious.
- Texas Hills Vineyard serves an array of award-winning wines, with a particular focus on Italian-style wines like Pinot Grigio and Syrah.
- Located just 25 minutes from Austin, Bell Springs Winery is a beautiful place to get away and enjoy some delicious hand-crafted wines.
- Pontotoc Vineyard is located in historic Fredericksburg, and they make wine from fruit sourced exclusively from Texas.
- Solaro Estate is located in beautiful Dripping Springs and produces sensational wines using sustainable farming practices.
- Take in some beautiful Texas Wine Country views at Pedernales Cellars, where they focus primarily on Rhone and Spanish grapes.
- William Chris Vineyards, which uses Texas-grown grapes exclusively, is one of the most popular new wineries in Texas Wine Country. They’ve become the leading producer of Mourvedre in Texas.
- Lost Draw Cellars is located in downtown Fredericksburg, making it an excellent stop for those who wish to explore this town. In addition to wine, they offer food and live music and most weekends.
The Best Getaway in Texas Wine Country
As wonderful as the wine is, there’s far more to Texas Wine Country that is just waiting to be enjoyed. It’s the perfect place for those seeking adventure, relaxation, delicious food, and everything in between. Staying at our Bed and Breakfast in the heart of Texas Wine Country offers an unparalleled opportunity to slow down and appreciate the finer points of life.
Our Texas Hill Country Bed and Breakfast also serves as the perfect home base for your time in Texas Wine Country. From the moment you first arrive at our Texas Bed and Breakfast, we think you’ll see why it’s rated as one of the best places to stay in the Texas Hill Country. Our luxurious Inn is nestled on 22 beautiful acres and offers guests their choice of eight artfully appointed guest suites and rooms or five romantic cottages.
As you sink into the comfort of our accommodations, you’ll feel your stress begin to melt away. Take the relaxation further by joining us in our day spa for an indulgent massage or facial treatment. Throughout your stay, you’ll also have the opportunity to take a dip in our 45-foot lap pool or whirlpool spa. You’ll have the perfect vantage point to enjoy a breathtaking sunset over Paradise Valley.
In addition to all of the above, our Inn also offers one of the best restaurants in Wimberley, Texas. Every Saturday night, we open to the public and offer a gourmet, fine dining experience that can’t be matched. We offer a 5-course pre-fixe menu that changes weekly. We also provide exceptional 3-course breakfasts, included with the cost of your stay.
The food adventures in Texas Wine Country don’t stop there, though! We also have a full calendar of two and three-day cooking classes throughout the year. Our cooking classes are relaxed, fun, and welcoming and offer you the chance to gain hands-on experience learning proper cooking principles and professional culinary techniques. When you’re done, we send you home with a recipe book filled with delicious dishes to cook at home.
With all of this award-winning hospitality on offer and stunning natural surroundings at your fingertips, is it any wonder why Blair House Inn is rated as one of the best places to stay in Texas Wine Country? If you’re ready to start planning your Texas Wine Country getaway, we’re here to help. Book your room at our #1-rated Texas Hill Country Bed and Breakfast today!