Texas Hill Country is best known for the incredible wineries found here – especially those concentrated around the historic town of Fredericksburg. However, there are so many other great things to do in Texas Hill Country – and one of those things includes a visit to Hill Country Distillers!
Craft cocktails have recently been enjoying something of a resurgence in popular culture, much like craft breweries and boutique wineries have in recent decades. The result has been fantastic distilleries popping up around the country to produce hyper-local and refined spirits that you can’t find anywhere else. Hill Country Distillers is one such distillery in Hill Country, and we’re excited about it!
Of course, whether you plan to make the trek out to Hill Country Distillers or not while in Hill Country depends entirely on how you like to spend your vacation. There are so many incredible things to do in Texas Hill Country, not least of which includes a day relaxing at our Inn and indulging in a spa treatment or two, all the while soaking up the magical Hill Country views from our estate.
There’s truly no better place to stay in Texas Hill Country – but don’t just take our word for it. Our reviews speak volumes! If you’re ready for a fantastic Hill Country getaway, it’s time to visit our #1-rated Texas Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today.
Get to Know Hill Country Distillers
Texas Hill Country is more known for its wine than anything else, but we don’t think you sleep on the distilleries cropping up around Texas Hill Country. One of our favorites is Hill Country Distillers, located in the small town of Comfort, Texas. Hill Country Distillers is located about an hour west of our Texas Bed and Breakfast, making it the perfect early afternoon stop while you’re out exploring other top-rated attractions and beautiful scenery in Hill Country.
Hill Country Distillers produced a variety of one-of-a-kind craft spirits and has been doing so since opening in 2014. All of the ingredients that go into their distillation are native to Texas, which produces spirits that are reflective of and unique to this incredible state. Some of the flavors you can expect to find in the spirits at Hill Country Distillers include prickly pear cactus, jalapenos, and other regional fruits grown in Texas. No grains or corn are used in their products.
Hill Country Distillers produced a fun range of spirits, including gin and other liqueurs – but they do more than that. Hill Country Distillers also offers a tasting room where you can sample their spirits and taste some of the fantastic craft cocktails they’ve come up with.
Hill Country Distillers is a fabulous destination for a craft cocktail and spirit lovers, but it’s not the only distillery worth putting on your map. Here are four other Texas Hill Country distilleries worth checking out:
- Rebecca Creek Distillery in San Antonio
- Garrison Brothers Distillery in Hye
- Dripping Springs Vodka & Gin in Dripping Springs
- Cypress Creek Reserve right here in Wimberley
6 More Things to do in Hill Country This Fall
While getting out and enjoying the craft cocktails at Hill Country Distillers is certainly fun, we wouldn’t blame you if all you wanted to do was lounge poolside at our Hill Country Bed and Breakfast. You should spend at least a day doing nothing but relaxing – you deserve it! But, when you are ready to get out and explore, there’s a vast world of fun things to do in Hill Country – including visiting Hill Country Distillers!
In truth, there’s a little bit of something for everyone in Texas Hill Country. Whether relaxing and sipping wine or adventuring your way through this diverse part of the state, you’ll be anything but bored while visiting us! Here are just a few of our favorite things to do in Hill Country of, Texas.
- Explore the rolling hills of Texas Wine Country. Check out our favorite Texas Hill Country Wineries and enjoy sipping and swirling your way through this beautiful part of the country. There are also some great breweries in the Hill Country!
- Aside from drinking your way through this beautiful part of the state, one of our favorite things to do in Hill Country of Texas is exploring the charming small towns that dot the countryside. Here’s a great guide to the top Hill Country towns worth visiting, including Wimberley, New Braunfels, Blanco, and Fredericksburg.
- Visit the second-largest granite dome in the country at Enchanted Rock State Natural Area. It’s undoubtedly one of the most distinctive features of the Texas Hill Country and a wonderful place to hike and explore for an afternoon. The dark night skies here also make it an exceptional place for stargazing late at night.
- Take a hike! Fall weather has cooled down just enough that getting back out into the outdoors is the perfect way to spend some time in Hill Country.
- Texas may not be well known for fall foliage, but you can still enjoy some spectacular colors and gorgeous scenery. Highway 16 near Austin is one of the most scenic stretches of road in the state.
- It’s fall, which means it’s time to celebrate. Head to Wurstfest in New Braunfels for fun German-themed celebration in this German heritage town.
What more do you need to hear? There’s nothing quite like a getaway to Texas Hill Country. Isn’t it time you experienced it for yourself? Book your room at our Texas Bed and Breakfast today!